HOLY WEEK OBSERVANCES AND CELEBRATIONS!
We’ll be posting pre-recorded worship services for:
- PALM SUNDAY (April 5) at 9:00am
- GOOD FRIDAY (April 10) at 6:30pm
- EASTER (April 12) at 9:00am
Each will include inspiring music and a message and will last about 30 minutes. May the Spirit use them to unite our hearts and fill us with love for our amazing God!
Invite your friends to join us! Send them this a sermon link https://www.lcpc.net/resources/sermons/ or direct them to LCPC.net!
MAUNDY THURSDAY COMMUNION – LIVE-STREAMED FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
Do you miss sharing the Lord’s Supper with your church family? This Thursday evening we’re going celebrate the sacrament together even as we shelter in our homes. Tune in to the LCPC Facebook page this Thursday, April 9 at 7:00pm. Pastor Andy Wilson will lead this simple time of worship from his family dinner table. We’ll eat, pray and sing one or two songs.
Here’s what you’ll want to do to prepare:
- Set your table (or a place where you can see a screen) with bread and either grape juice or red wine.
- To ensure sanitation we won’t pass the meal from one person to another, so set a place for each person in your family.
- If you have children and you want to include them (we hope you will!), explain that we’ll be sharing the bread and cup to remember Christ’s body broken for us and his blood shed for us.
- Turn on your phone, tablet or computer at around 6:50pm and go to LCPC’s Facebook page.
- The live-streamed service will begin at 7:00pm. We’ll be together 20-25 minutes.
Greetings LCPC family – and welcome online visitors!
In this strange season news headlines are changing from hour to hour. Church life also is in flux so I’ll be using this streamlined Q and A format to keep you fully-informed. Let’s worship together and stay connected
Pastor Andy Wilson
WHAT’S GOING ON WITH SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES?
For the next few Sundays (at least through Easter) we’ll continue to videotape services with uplifting music by our praise band and prayers and messages by our staff. Because they aren’t live streamed you can watch and worship anytime! Tell a friend!
Services are posted on YouTube at 9 am on Sundays. They’re accessible directly from this website.
Click the banner: “LCPC WORSHIP SERVICE FOR…” Or go to: lcpc.net/resources/sermons
WHAT’S AVAILABLE FOR KIDS (6TH GRADE AND UNDER) AND PARENTS?
Ashley and Kristy are writing and posting special devotionals. Also, kids can participate in On-Line Hangouts or contribute to our Easter Art Gallery!
WHAT ABOUT MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS?
Josh and the Abide team have prepared online meet-ups, devotionals, games and more.
Go to: abidestudentmin.com and, on Instagram, @abidestudentmin
HOW CAN I CONNECT WITH PEOPLE, WORSHIP, STUDY THE WORD AND PRAY THROUGH THE WEEK?
Lee Cook is leading a Facebook Live Bible Study of Psalms most mornings at 9 am. Watch for FB notices of Praise Music Singalongs and other inspiring messages.
WHAT’S LCPC DOING TO HELP THE COMMUNITY? HOW CAN I VOLUNTEER? HOW CAN I GET HELP?
In response to the COVID crisis, LCPC has just launched a special outreach ministry. Click the “CV Together” banner for more information. Using the 3 online forms provided you can volunteer, donate or seek aid.
WHERE CAN I GO IF I NEED PRAYER?
Pull down the “MINISTRIES” menu and select “Prayer Request.” Use the “PrayerChainOnline” form to submit a request. Our prayer team will connect with you and pray for you.
WHAT ABOUT UPCOMING RETREATS AND TRIPS? ARE THEY CANCELED?
No! We still hope to take a team of men to Rosarito, MX in May to build a house. We’re still going to the Dominican Republic June 13-22 (under the “EVENTS” menu you’ll find registration info). And we’re still hiking the eastern Sierras on the Wildlife Tour July 26-29!
WHAT LCPC EVENTS ARE CANCELED? WHAT ABOUT COMMITTEE AND MINISTRY AREA MEETINGS?
All gatherings greater than 10 are canceled. It’s up to small group leaders and committee/ministry area moderators to decide if their groups will meet. Some are using teleconferencing. If in doubt, check the church’s Shelby calendar (also posted on this website) for real time information.
WHAT’S HAPPENING WITH THE CHURCH STAFF AND THE CENTER FOR CHILDREN?
The Center for Children has been closed since March 12. We hope to re-open soon! The LCPC campus is quiet, but most of the church staff is working as hard as ever. We’re connecting lots more online and over the phone.
Greetings LCPC family!
May the grace and peace of Jesus be with you!
These days have been stressful for all of us. But the church family is standing strong! The Lord is on his throne! The Spirit continues to guide and strengthen us!
Earlier this week the LCPC leadership team made the unanimous decision to cease public worship in the sanctuary. Because of the new pronouncement from the governor, we aren’t sure when services and other large gatherings will resume. Of course we’ll give you regular updates by email and on the LCPC website.
The good news is that we will still be able to worship together online! For the next month (and possibly beyond) a small group of us will be filming a worship service on Saturday and posting it on YouTube so it will be available on Sunday at 9 am (or anytime thereafter).
Worship leaders will include staff ministry directors, other volunteers and me. Services will last about 50 minutes. Our wonderful 9 am praise band will lead music, including praise songs and hymns. Lee Cook will preach. This Sunday I’ll offer a short reflection and update. I’ll also tell you more about the new neighborhood outreach ministry described below (C V Together).
Most of you will find it easy to access the service. You’ll just have to go to the LCPC web page (www.lcpc.net) and click on the link to the pre-recorded worship service on YouTube. It will be available starting at 9 am every Sunday. We’ll start this Sunday, March 22! Because the service will be taped – not live-streamed – it will be available any time after it is posted.
You may wonder: Why is our worship team gathering to film? Isn’t that a violation of the ban on public gatherings? The ban does not apply to those offering vital public services and we believe worship (even if it is online) qualifies as a vital service. So we’re proceeding on that basis with our small production team. That could change if the ban is expanded in a way that explicitly prohibits taping and posting worship services.
I’ll write you again later. I’ll also reflect with you through short online videos about walking in the Spirit in a time of crisis.
Trust God – don’t give in to fear – remember the words of Jesus: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” (John 14:27).
HERE’S A SUMMARY OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENTS:
- We’re working to funnel all information about church life onto the church web site ( www.lcpc.net ). Go there if you have questions. You can also check the Shelby calendar; the information there is updated daily.
- Children’s Ministry and Student Ministry will be posting Bible studies, web-based activities, prayers and other resources throughout the week. Messages and resources from Children’s Ministry can be found on the LCPC website, and from Student Ministries/Abide on the Abide website (which is linked to the LCPC site). Watch for texts and emails from Ashley and Josh!
- Our Center for Children was officially closed on Thursday for two weeks. It now appears the CFC closure will have to be extended. Pray for our teachers, aids and administrators! And our CFC families!
- All group gatherings of 10 or more are cancelled until further notice. Wednesday PEAK… Abide Fellowship… Cruisers… Sunday School… Choir…Bistro 50 – these and all other ‘10+’ meetings are cancelled.
- What about small groups, prayer circles and ministry area/committee meetings? We don’t want to violate the restrictions imposed by various government agencies. So the guideline, for now, is that small groups and committees should rely on email, conference calls or other cyber-solutions to connect.
- What will happen during Holy Week?
- Maundy Thursday worship will be cancelled (mainly because the Lord’s Supper is only meaningful if we’re physically present).
- We will tape and post Good Friday and Easter services.
“CV TOGETHER” – A COMMUNITY CARE MINISTRY JUST LAUNCHED BY LCPC
Our purpose: To help people in the church family and wider community who are home-bound or need special assistance.
- We’re working to coordinate with services already offered by our Deacons and staff as well as groups in the wider community.
- We expect CV Together to live on long after the coronavirus crisis!
Services Offered: During the crisis we will…
- Deliver groceries, prescriptions drugs, or other necessities
- Provide “phone buddies" to LCPC seniors and others desiring a periodic check-in (to assess needs and offer fellowship and prayer)
- Meet urgent financial needs where possible
- Provide other support as needs emerge and resources permit
- Needs will be great especially among those who have lost jobs
- We've created a new dedicated account for this purpose - please consider offering a gift!
To be effective and keep people safe as we serve, we will:
- Provide service and safety guidelines to all volunteers
- Use gloves and disinfectant and maintain safe physical distances when we deliver food or visit
- Stay home if we or anyone we live with is sick
Have a need, or know someone who does?
Click HERE to connect online
Or call Kristy Hicks at (818) 454-6284
Here’s how you download LCPC’s Shelby App (to access the database, calendar and more):
For Android, use this Google Play link:
For Apple, use this Apple App Store link: