At each Sunday morning service we have three programs running for children:
- Infants and toddlers are welcomed into the nursery for a fun hour of music, stories, play and plenty of nurturing hugs from our wonderful child care providers – Jenna and Elizabeth.
- Children in pre-school and kindergarten meet in room 102and 101, respectively, for Sunday school. Each week our rotation of loving and capable teachers leads the children in story time, a craft that connects to the lesson, games, sensory tables and prayer. Parents are also encouraged to follow up on the lesson at home with monthly prayer stickers.
- Last but not least, all 1st-6th graders can come to F.I.S.H.! F.I.S.H. (First I Serve Him) combines elements of music, drama, puppetry, and small group study and prayer. The program aims to be interactive and provide easy applications of each week’s lesson. All children are dismissed from the sanctuary down into Koopmans Hall for large group. Throughout the school year, they move into classrooms 201, 202 and 204 for a small group time, where they read right from the Bible, are encouraged to ask questions and play games that incorporate the main idea of that week’s lesson.
PEAK Night – Mid Week Program
Praise and Education for Adults and Kids (PEAK) takes place Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm with the following programs for Children:
- The Tiny Turtles (0-2 year olds)
Our adorable Tiny Turtles meet in the nursery where they are cared for by our fantastic teen nursery workers – Allie Fernandez and Sarah Milbrodt. Both girls have experience working with young children, have taken a CPR class and make sure to provide stories, music and plenty of love for our youngest PEAK-goers.
- Lively Lambs (3 year olds-kindergarten)
The Lively Lambs (and they are lively in the best possible way) meet in room 101. Each week the children have Bible story time, outdoor play, art and even a special music class.
- Fast Frogs (1st-3rd graders)
Our Fast Frogs meet in room 204 and begin the evening with table activities, followed by interactive Bible story telling. After the story, the teacher leads a discussion on what we can learn from the scripture and how it applies to the children’s lives. This application is reinforced through games and crafts. Our “frogs” learn worship music and also have the opportunity to share on Sunday mornings throughout the year. To conclude the evening, there are snacks and recreation time on the basketball court.
- SPARKS (4th-6th graders)
Our SPARKS are led by Mary Wilson and a devoted team of volunteers. The SPARKS begin PEAK on the basketball court and then move into the Fireside Room for a time of worship, scripture reading, skits and small group activities. Also, keep an eye out for fun SPARKS events like our Backwards Dinner, SPARKS in the DARK Night Games and movie nights!